A Guide to the Library for Students
The Library offers a wealth of resources and services, all of which are covered in the information below.
- Borrowing resources: Physical resources such as books and DVDs are available to borrow, in person from the Library. You can browse online to find physical resources on the online Library catalogue. You will need your student ID card in order to borrow Library resources. Students can borrow up to six items at once with most resources available for four weeks at a time. Items can be renewed twice, either online, in person, email or by phone. Some books labelled as 'Reference Only' can be used in the Library but must not be taken away.
- Ebooks and online resources: The Library has access to a large collection of eBooks across two platforms. These include a number of popular course textbooks so we encourage you to check whether the titles you would like to read are available digitally. What's more - these can be accessed 24/7 from home and means no lugging heavy books around! Click here for more information on the Library's eBook collections
- Food and drink: We do not allow eating or drinking in the Library except for bottled water. Food and drink must be consumed in the canteen.
- Induction: All students will be given an induction and tour of the Library as part of their course. You can also view a short video introduction to the Library.
- Opening hours: The term-time opening times differ slightly across the 3 centres. List of Library opening times.
- Study spaces: The Library provides many areas for individual and group study. These include group study rooms, silent study rooms and individual desks where you college devices can be used and charged. Please ask a member of Library staff if you wish to study in the Library.
- Support with your studies: There is an extensive collection of ready-made sessions to support you. Click here to view useful resources offering help with topics such as essay writing, referencing, presentation skills and much more. We encourage students to use these resources as they are incredibly informative however please email email@example.com if you would like further or more specific help with your studies from a Learning Facilitator.
- Schemes and competitions: The Library runs a number of schemes and competitions throughout the year, including Word Detective, Maths Magician, Reading Ahead and various literary and art competitions. Please keep checking our latest news section for updates.
- Stationery: The Library stocks a small selection of stationery available to buy. Please note that we can accept contactless card payments only, in line with other areas of the College.
- Subject Guides: The Library has put together subject guides which are available to view online and bring together all resources for your subject in one place.
- Password reset: Library staff can reset your college password if you forget it or have any issues logging in. You can also change your password online.
- Printing: The Library offers black and white printing and photocopying via your student ID card. All printing must be sent to the 'FindMePrinter'. You will then be required to release your prints by scanning your student card. All students have £20 assigned to their card at the beginning of the academic year. If you run out, the balance can be topped up at the information desk. We also have colour printing available at Daventry and Lower Mounts. For colour printing at Booth Lane, please use the Print Room based in B0:01.