*Library service update - September 2020*
The Library would like to inform all students of changes made to the Library service across all three centres.
- Access and study: To ensure that social distancing and safety of all College members is not compromised there is currently no provision for either individual or group study.
- Library resources: Physical resources such as books and DVDs are still available to borrow however all requests must be made in advance. Click here to view what is available on the Online Library catalogue. Requests for resources can be made via the Online Request Form. Alternatively you can phone or email us. Click here for contact details for all Library centres. Library staff will endeavour to complete your requests as soon as possible and will contact you to arrange collection from the Library entrance or delivery to your classroom. All resources are currently available for loan for 4 weeks at a time.
- Online resources: The Library has access to a large collection of eBooks across two platforms. These include a number of popular course textbooks so we encourage you to check whether the titles you would like to read are available digitally. What's more - these can be accessed 24/7 from home and means no lugging heavy books around! Click here for more information on the Library's eBook collections.
- Support with your studies: There is an extensive collection of ready-made sessions to support you. Click here to view useful resources offering help with topics such as essay writing, referencing, presentation skills and much more. We encourage students to use these resources as they are incredibly informative however please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further or more specific help with your studies.
- Schemes and competitions: The Library will continue to run a number of schemes and competitions throughout the year, including Word Detective, Maths Magician, Reading Ahead, DigiCap and various literary and art competitions. Please keep checking our latest news section for updates.
- Induction: There will be no physical inductions this year, please click here to view a short Library induction video
Library Frequently Asked Questions
What can the Library offer Northampton College Students?
There is a wealth of resources available in the Library - thousands of books, DVDs and online resources such as e-books. Click here to view the Library's induction video.
What do I need in order to access the Library resources?
Your student ID card also acts as your Library card. This will enable you to borrow books. There is currently restricted physical access to the Library centres so please search our catalogue for resources and request them here
How long can I borrow books for?
All items are currently available for four weeks.
How do I log on to my College computer account?
You need to type in your student username which is the number on your student ID card. You will then need to type in a password. You will need to create this password when you first log on. If you forget your password, a member of Library staff can reset it for you at the desk. We currently
How do I print?
You will need to send your work to the 'FollowMePrinter'. You will then be required to release your prints by scanning your student card. The cost for printing will be deducted from your allocated amount of £20 added to your card at the start of the year. Colour printing is available at Lower Mounts and Daventry at a cost of 6p a sheet. Colour printing at Booth Lane is available from the Print Room (Ro19)
Is there someone I can talk to about help with my studies?
Learning Facilitators may be able to help you! Find out more about what they can offer here.
Can I eat in the Library?
We do not allow eating or drinking in the Library except for bottled water.